In 2023, the global economy has found itself waddling uncertain waters. One of the most tangible consequences of this bleak scenario can be felt across the hiring trends of organizations across the globe.
Slashed budgets and unsatisfactory turnover have made it an uphill task for companies to fill out their vacancies via internal hiring. Particularly for highly specialized departments such as email, the challenge is significantly more pronounced. So, what can they do to hold their forts? Resort to outsourcing. The practice has come to the rescue of businesses in the past as well, most memorably during the 2008 recession, arguably one of the worst economic crises in living memory. Through outsourcing, tech giants such as Apple, Cisco, IBM, Skype, Netflix, and the like were not only able to survive the recession but also came out on top at the end of it. Fifteen years hence, as a similar situation looms large upon us, we can take notes from the past and turn to offshoring to navigate the situation deftly.
In this article, we’ll help you understand the trends that are currently defining the outsourcing landscape so that you can chalk out your strategies accordingly. Let’s dive in!
Benefits of Hiring Dedicated Resources
The virtues of email marketing are ceaseless, of course, but they are exceptionally hard-earned as well. To be able to harness its true potential, you have to find answers to a lot of critical questions, such as:
- How do I maximize the value proposition in my campaigns?
- How many segments should I divide my audience into?
- What metrics must be present in my email campaign report?
- What kind of automation workflows should I set up?
- What design language will best fit my brand?
- How should the tone of my copy be?
- Which tools are essential for designing, developing, and implementing campaigns swiftly?
Admittedly, this is a lot. And we wouldn’t blame you if you feel overwhelmed. This is where offshoring proves to be beneficial. It gives you the scope of relegating your email marketing responsibilities to certified and pre-vetted professionals, allowing you to focus on other crucial pillars of your business. But that’s just the scratching at the surface of outsourcing benefits. Let’s take a deeper dive.
- Cost-effectiveness: This is perhaps the most compelling benefit of working with an offshore dedicated team. When you build an internal team, you not only have to invest in the talent pool you are recruiting but also bear the costs of the technology they have to use. And for an email marketing team, technology can include a lot of things like automation tools, ESPs, post-campaign analytics tools, and CRMs. In a similar vein, for every talent onboarded, besides their basic remuneration, you also have to factor in additional expenses such as medical insurance, infrastructure costs, federal and state income taxes, and retirement policies, to name a few. Even after excluding these costs, the median salary of an email specialist comes to $62,150. Compare this with our pricing at Email Uplers, where you get to onboard a dedicated campaign manager starting at $1750/month only. Developers and other resources will cost you on the same scale. You don’t have to do a lot of math to figure out the better deal, do you?
- Flexibility: With outsourcing, you aren’t bound to recruit full-time resources alone. Have a contractual requirement? Looking to onboard a few temporary resources to tackle that holiday season burden? Need specialized personnel for a specific project? Offshoring empowers you to find a fitting solution for all these scenarios.
- Time efficiency: The hiring process is incredibly time-consuming. From scanning through hundreds of CVs to setting up interviews to setting up paperwork, it gets pretty exhausting. You get to skip all these steps when you hire dedicated resources from an outsourcing agency. You just share your requirements with the agency, and they get back to you with the most suitable candidate for the role. In most cases, these dedicated professionals possess experience working on projects similar to yours in the past, which is why they can promise a swift turn-around time as well.
- Easy scalability: Business experiencing a massive influx of new clients and projects? No worries. You can always rely on an offshore agency to furnish you with certified email marketing consultants to manage the increased workload and scale up your operations effortlessly.
Outsourcing Trends You Need to Know in 2023
While no company is strange to the practice of outsourcing, it is vital to keep in mind that its trends evolve yearly, corresponding to the events defining said year. Previously, we talked about the factors that will push businesses to view outsourcing through a unique lens in 2023. Below, we list out a few trends you are likely to encounter while hiring dedicated resources this year.
Increased Emphasis on the Location of the Offshore Agency
More and more companies these days are looking to hire dedicated email developers, campaign managers, automation experts, and other resources from offshoring agencies that are located in the geographical vicinity of their headquarters. The primary motive behind doing so is to avoid the possibility of cultural clashes and to protect the professional environment from any kind of turbulence. Other than that, it also helps them avoid massive time zone differences that occur while working with resources located many seas farther from them. And if at all you’re partnering up with an offshore agency in a faraway location, ensure that they are available to work in your time zone.
Searching For Niche Talent
In 2023, businesses are more than happy to look past a room full of generalists in favor of a handful of specialists. And why wouldn’t they? With competitiveness in the market rising with every passing day, specialists help organizations claim the spotlight for themselves. Embracing outsourcing makes hunting for specialists more convenient for them, for now, they are free to comb through a global talent pool and cherrypick individuals who are best suited to their requirements.
Forging Long-Term Relationships With Offshore Agencies
In uncertain times, such as these, business continuity is downright priceless. Searching for a reliable outsourcing agency is tough work, to begin with. And when you have found one, it doesn’t make any sense to sever ties with them, does it? By building long-term relationships with reputable agencies, you allow yourself to grow familiar with their modus operandi, ensure a constant churn of high-quality professionals, and smoothen your entire operational workflow.
Evaluating Agency’s Commitment to Data Security
When you partner up with an outsourcing agency, you share a ton of sensitive data with their dedicated professionals. With cybercrimes getting increasingly sophisticated with every passing day, you must ensure that your agency has robust data security measures in place to keep undesirable security breaches at bay. Further, to ensure that no important trade secrets are made public, draw up a watertight NDA between your company and the recruited resources.
Wrapping It Up
These are trying times for businesses. To tide over, you need to adapt deftly to the ever-changing circumstances, something that outsourcing can immensely help you with. Now that you know what offshoring trends are in vogue, we hope you are able to devise action plans with ease.