[This blog was originally posted on June 21, 2022 and has been updated to showcase new examples]
With the Halloween tricks, turkey and family dinner, exciting discount offers, and Christmassy vibes back in action, it is difficult for email marketers not to think about the “Holidays”. It could sound too soon but the earlier and better you plan your email marketing strategy, the higher would be the conversion rate.
Your prospects and customers are likely to get bombarded with a huge number of Holiday messages and sale announcements on all the digital marketing channels. However, with 80% of small and midsize businesses using email as the primary tool for customer acquisition and retention, you must pay special attention to the kind of emails you send. More than half of email subscribers spend 10 minutes to an hour browsing through marketing emails during the week.
To grab the subscriber’s attention in this limited span of time, the first thing you should consider is your email subject lines. The subject line can pique the subscriber’s interest and prompt them to know more about what’s in the email. With that said, here are some inspirational Holiday email subject line examples that would help you leave a mark in the cluttered inbox.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Halloween 2023
Halloween is all about creating spooky vibes with pumpkins, zombies, and all things scary. Brands not only incorporate these elements in their email copy and design but also in their subject lines. Take a look at some of the best holiday subject lines out there to get inspired.
1. The moment that’s been haunting you… (PAWZ)
The subject line for holiday email must be slightly evocative of the occasion at hand (Halloween, in this case) for it to leave an impression on the reader.
2. Oops! Must have been a ghost… ? (Robin’s Jean)
This email was sent to apologize for the technical glitches caused due to high traffic on their website. This frankness is what makes it one of the best holiday subject lines out there.
3. Stocking up for a scary-good Halloween (Uncommon Goods)
4. Woo,Halloween Sale Meets Buy 1 Get 1 Free! (ublins)
5. Le freak? C’est chic! (WeTransfer)
6. Forget tricks. Here’s our treat… (wholesaleforeveryone)
7. Candy for breakfast! 🍬 (Magic Spoon Cereal)
8. Your Halloween HQ 🎃(Walmart)
9.We’re so pump(kin)ed about this
10. Bucketfeet – Have a Gourd Time on Halloween
11. This Halloween Print Might Be Too Far Even For Us (Shinesty)
12. Tricks to help you this Halloween 🎃 (Uber)
13. Are you passing out candy this year in Pilsen? (Nextdoor)
14. Halloween treats so delightful, it’s scary. (Food52)
15. Zombie apocalypse: who do you save? The one with the gift card.
Download A Sample
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines For Thanksgiving 2023
Spending time with the family and expressing gratitude are synonymous with Thanksgiving Day. It is one of the Holidays that records the highest spending every year. Email marketers, of course, know this fact and try to make the most of their campaigns by tapping on the right pulse of the customers. We have shared some holiday subject lines that can help you get the maximum open rate for your Thanksgiving emails and subsequently enhance your conversion rate. Take a look.
16. Resy’s tips for Thanksgiving. (Resy)
17. Jeon for Korean Thanksgiving with Carol Pak (Great Jones)
18. Thanksgiving Sale: extra 20% off + Black Friday Specials Preview! (Macy’s)
19. Happy Thanksgiving! Shop Black Friday online now! (Macy’s)
20. Happy Thanksgiving (Framebridge)
21. Thanksgiving Tips & Tricks (Gygi)
22. Thanksgiving is calling (kate spade)
23. Help bring Thanksgiving to the Camp Fire evacuees (Good Eggs)
24. SO Many Sides: Bacon-Leek Stuffing + Luscious Gravy + Mashed Potatoes & More (Panna)
25. 11 delicious deals to tide you over ’til Thanksgiving. (Sur La Table)
The subject line of the holiday email must always give readers an accurate idea of what they should expect from the email upon opening; Sur La Table have done exactly that over here.
26. Are you hosting this Thanksgiving? (Laura)
27. Deadline Approaching: Place Your Thanksgiving Order Today! (Formaggio Kitchen)
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Black Friday 2023
If you want to drive maximum sales on Black Friday, you ought to have outstanding emails that would cut through the noise and make the customer open and click-through. Get inspired with these great holiday email subject line examples for the big shopping day and get on top of your conversion rates!
28. Black Friday deal ends tonight (Adobe)
29. -20% for all Books ans Magazines! Black Book Weekend🎁 (MailerLite)
30. Hit Black Friday out of the park this year 💥 (Litmus)
31. Black Friday Preview Starts Now! (StriVectin)
32. Black Friday DEALS! 1000s of Items at Amazing Prices. (INDIGO)
33. Black Friday – 40% off everything! (Canvas Pop)
34. Join Viscata’s SMS Club and skip the queue on Black Friday (Viscata)
35. Black Friday Sale Starts… Now! ⏰ (Postable)
36. It’s black Fri-YAY! 30-50% OFF everything from your fave brand 24/11
-DAY 1 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | 25% OFF SLEEPWEAR
– DAY 2 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | Activewear: Buy One, Get One FREE!
– DAY 3 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | All Gowns Now $20
– DAY 4 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | $5 Undies
– DAY 5 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | SAVE 30% On Activewear
– Where the party at?
This is the perfect example of how you should be sending your Black Friday emails. Instead of working on one holiday email why not send a series of emails with crisp subject lines. Perhaps email automation workflow with correct action-based subject lines can bring a great response from your subscribers.
37. Black Friday- last chance for massive vape savings
38. Save $3,000 this Black Friday 🦃(roomLift)
39. Early Access: Early Black Friday Sale! (La-Z-Boy)
40. Surprise! Black Friday came early 🥳(Rad Power Bikes)
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Cyber Monday 2023
Cyber Monday broke the online sales record with $7.9 billion in revenue in 2018. To make sure that you get maximum customers on this maddening shopping day, email marketing is the best option. Take a look at some effective Cyber Monday subject line examples for the big day.
41. Best. (Cyber) Monday. Ever. (Lululemon)
42. Cyber Monday: The Final Countdown! 60% OFF on Designmodo 🔥 (Designmodo)
43. Cyber Monday Preview 💫 30% OFF Sitewide (Korres)
44. Exclusive Black Friday / Cyber Monday Super-Sale Deals! (GoCoffeeGo)
45. Cyber Monday Savings! Free Shipping PLUS Up to 25% Off (Disney Store)
46. Think fast. Cyber Monday is our biggest sale. (Adidas)
47. 💻 LAST CALL for FALL CYBER MONDAY savings! (Talbots)
48. Cyber Monday from Quiet Punch (Quiet Punch)
49. 😱 Cyber Monday is EXTENDED! (Not a Glitch!) (Brand: Jane)
50. ⏳Cyber Monday ends soon (Nordstrom)
51. Just hours left of our biggest sale! (Udemy)
52. It’s GO Time (Fossil)
53. 👾 Cyber Monday: 60% off – 24 hours remaining (Great Simple Studio)
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Christmas and New Year 2023
Christmas and New Year are the two most important occasions during the Holiday Season. In 2018, U.S. households spent $1536 on an average during the Christmas holidays. It is interesting that 19% Americans spend their money during the holiday season on completely unplanned purchases. Therefore, email marketers must invest in email marketing to get maximum customers. Take a look at some best subject line examples that can amp up your open rate.
54. Hurry up! Use those plays in Starbucks (Starbucks)
55. 🎅 Straight from Santa’s bag. (Fleur & Bee)
56. Merry Christmas! 🎄(Nasty Gal)
57. We’re feeling very merry. Get 50% off your order. (Shutterfly)
58. Holiday Offerings at Captain Whidbey (Captain Whidbey)
59. 🎄 2 Days till Christmas! 🎄(Sabon)
60. Up to 50% off Christmas… (Peacocks)
61. Final Call for Christmas Delivery (Fred Perry)
62. Get Your Presents in Time for Christmas! (Lane Crawford)
63. Last chance to get your Christmas gifts (Decathlon)
64. Merry Crustmas! Surprise your family with a pizza dinner!
(Note: For pizza)
65. Want to impress someone with a perfect gift? 🎁 (MacPaw)
66. Check your list twice: Tovala’s the perfect gift for everyone on your list (Tovala)
67. #DCT (discount code time!) – your Christmas shopping, sorted ⌛(Currys)
68. Phrasee – Brace your elves
– It’s time for some Santa Banter!
69. Where will you be dazzling them this Christmas Eve? (Eddie V’s Prime Seafood)
70. Uniqlo – The turkey’s all done — let’s shop
– Santa, can you hear me?
– Let’s catch up before Santa gets here!
– Resolve to look good
71. Sparkling New Year’s greetings!!! (Falkensteiner)
72. Warmest Thoughts and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year! (Dub Dub)
73. Happy New Year! Welcome To 2023! 🎇🍾 (123 Flowers)
74. Urban Outfitters – holiday stress level: zero
– new year, new neutrals
75. A New Year scent of mind (Byredo)
Writing a subject line is an art. If you wish to make your holiday email marketing plan a success, jot down a really impressive subject line to increase email open rate; try these tips.
It’s never too early to start planning your email marketing campaigns for the upcoming holidays in the year 2023. Get in touch with us for excellent email template design and coding services.