75 Sun-kissed Subject Line Inspirations for Your Summer Email Campaigns
While you’re working hard on that beach body of yours (or not), it’s high time you also start thinking about how to work around your summer email marketing campaigns. While we all know the importance of copy for a converting email, what many marketers often downplay is the power of a subject line. The subject line is the threshold to any conversion through an email, as it is where the lead first encounters the brand in an email.
A subject line can impress the subscriber and immediately establish a good relationship, whereas a bad subject line can send you to the spam folder. We don’t want that to happen, right? Here are a few stats that you should keep in mind if you have never paid attention to the subject lines in your emails:
47% of email recipients open emails based on subject lines alone
26% are more likely to open an email with a personalized subject line.
50% of all emails are opened on mobile phones. So it’s ideal to keep your subject line short as most subject lines on smartphones show 24-64 characters.
This summer, keep the subject line as your top priority while you create your email campaigns and make the best of seasonal marketing to promote your brand.
To inspire you, we’ve collated some of the best summer subject lines we came across:
1.Summer, summer, summertime! – Curate Labs & Magazine
2. Summertime vibes with SoundLink Micro – Bose
3. A tropical getaway in a bottle! – Atelier Cologne
4. The cleanser that gets us through summer- Harry’s
5. Our favorite summer tips just for you – Act Blue
6. Summer stuff you can do now, for less – Thumbtack
7. Yup, we’ve got a “late summer” menu – Sweetgreen
8. It’s Our Mystery Summer Sale – PEEL
9. Your 5 Summer Guest Passes are here – Clear
10. Hot Summer in the City – Malin+Goetz
11. Nokia Home: Your summer getaway essential – Nokia
12. Summer Flash Sale on Designmodo! 50% Off! – Designmodo
13. Summer is coming up peaches. – Ace Hotels
14. Kick-Start your summer! – Sky sports
15. – Penguin
16. This summer’s hot spot: Mexico City – Airbnb
17. The Farewell to Summer Sale – Chairish
18. $100 Endless Summer Offer- Catch the Perfect Mattress – Leesa Sleep
19. Beach Me Up! Summer’s HOTTEST Swim Trends + Semi-Annual Savings – Bare Necessities
20. NEW Summer 16 Headwear – The Critical Slide Society
21. We have a summer gift for you inside – Airbnb
22. At Moqups, we’ve had a fruitful summer in the field of updates! – Moqups
23. So long sweet summer!- Friendly’s
24. Beat the heat, boss. Here’s our summer office style guide – Trunk Club
25. Inside: a big end-of-summer treat (for two days only) – J. Crew
26. 10 Instagram Recipes You Need For A Social Summer- IFTTT
27. Summer Lives On Black Sands Beach Umbrella- Sunday Supply Co.
28. You’re Missing Out On Summer In SoBe! – Bluemoon Hotel
29. The Blow-Up Sale: Make a splash this summer – Casper
30. Summer Spirits – Shwood
31. It’s melting, it’s melting! Save up to 75% NOW – Jockey
32. 14 Summer Sports Photos, Extreme Mountaineering Video, and More: Inside Nat Geo- National Geographic ( Long, but I would definitely open this email)
33. Lessons on Safe Sunning – Violet Grey
34. Flip-flops (check) Sunblock (check) Business Cards (check) – CJ Affiliate
35. You are my sunshine – Bloom & Wild
36. Hello sunshine, hello health – Ritual
37. Ukuleles, snorkels, and dance parties – Sundance
38. Hurry to save $25 on fun and sun! – Hertz
39. Sunshine sold separately. – GFDA
40. Heatwave goodbye up to 60% off. Must end midnight – Joules
41. Roll, punch, heat, cool, grind, clean, coat, mould, pack… – Harry’s
42. Newsflash: It’s still hot – Ace and Tate
43. Staycation or Vacation – Which are you?
44. Happy summer from ASU! – Arizona State University
45. The ‘IT’ girl guide to summer – Revolve
46. Woof the dog days of summer – Warby Parker
47. Gang’s all there! Plan your group’s summer getaway – VRBO
48. Never take them off – Sun Collective
49. How Are You Working on Your Summer Body? – Daz 3D
50. Cold Brew and Carry On – Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
51. No power? No problem!- Here comes the sun – Lights4fun
52. Carnage at the Billabong Pro Tahiti – Billabong
53. Your exclusive summer offer. – Equinox
54. A rosé like fresh summer strawberries and a touch of cream, 45% off – Wine Awesomeness
55. Beer Cocktails and Grilled Pizza? Hello, Summer! – Whole Foods Market
56. Up to 60% Off* Sitewide | Find Your Summer Favorites – Avenue.com
57. Recruiting Summer Reps! – Blenders Eyewear
58. Dear summer, we love you – Billabong
59. The Best Summer Dresses! – Yumi
60. Hello Sunshine! 10 Summer-Ready Styles – Sosandar
61. Brighten Up Your Summer – Bamboo Clothings
62. SUMMER SWIM IS IN- Beach Riot
63. Ready to Create the Most Memorable Summer? – Brit+Co
64. Summer, sun and extra 30% off – Lulus
65. Summer surprise! Free Shipping for 1 more day – Havenly
66. Summer’s last hurray! 50% off – Arena
67. The sun is out. These styles are in – Urban Brand
68. 3 key looks, endless summer styles – Nordstrom
69. Mesh: Beat the heat – Nike
70. Summer outfit struggles?? What to wear when you wanna look hot, but it’s hotter outside – Forever 21
71. NEW Summer Vibes – 11 Degrees UK
72. Wild Thing: 12 Looks to Love From Summer Swim 20 – Zimmermann
73. Free Delivery – Bring On Summer! – Damart UK
74. Sunny Shades to Brighten Your Day – Lafayette 148 NY
75. Forget a Summer Body. How’s your Summer Smile? – Alka-White
From the above inspirations, you can see that an apt subject line sets the right mood to the email based on what your message is and what the preferences of your target audience are.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while crafting a perfect subject line for your summer campaign:
- Keep it sunny and subtle. Try using words that relate to the season of beaches, pool parties, tropical fruits or getaways and vacation, of course keeping your brand and products/services in mind
- Keep it personal and unique. All your subscribers are different from each other, then why is your subject line the same for all? Think. Segment your audience and send personalized subject lines.
- Keep the copy catchy yet straightforward. Don’t tell the email in the subject line and don’t deceive them either.
- You can use emojis in the subject line. In a survey done by Adobe in 2019, more than 50% of users said they are likely to open an email with an emoji in the subject line. However, keep in mind that all email clients may not render the subject line the way you want it to.
- Timing is very important when it comes to email marketing. Especially during crisis-like situations, you might come across as highly salesy and insensitive if you serve an inappropriate subject line.
- Test your subject lines. No matter what season of the year it is, A/B testing your subject lines is never off-season!
We hope this collection of inspiring subject lines and tips will help you create awesome subject lines for your summer email campaigns. And if you have used summer subject lines that have performed well for you in the past, we would love to see them in the comment section below!