Top 75 Holiday Email Subject Lines to Boost Open Rate (Updated)
With the Halloween tricks, turkey and family dinner, exciting discount offers, and Christmassy vibes back in action, it is difficult for email marketers not to think about the “Holidays”. It could sound too soon but the earlier and better you plan your email marketing strategy, the higher would be the conversion rate.
According to an estimate, more than 165 million customers shopped between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday in 2019. Online sales for Black Friday touched $7.4 Billion. Total retail spending during the 2019 Holiday Season was $1.007 Trillion, making it the very first trillion-dollar Holiday Season.
Emarketer has also predicted that the total retail spending is likely to grow 3.4% to $1.042 trillion.
Your prospects and customers are likely to get bombarded with a huge number of Holiday messages and sale announcements on all the digital marketing channels. However, with 80% of small and midsize businesses using email as the primary tool for customer acquisition and retention, you must pay special attention to the kind of emails you send. More than half of email subscribers spend 10 minutes to an hour browsing through marketing emails during the week.
To grab the subscriber’s attention in this limited span of time, the first thing you should consider is your email subject lines. The subject line can pique the subscriber’s interest and prompt them to know more about what’s in the email. With that said, here are some inspirational Holiday email subject lines that would help you leave a mark in the cluttered inbox.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Halloween 2020
Halloween is all about creating spooky vibes with pumpkins, zombies, and all things scary. Brands not only incorporate these elements in their email copy and design but also in their subject lines. Take a look at some Halloween-ish subject lines to get inspired.
1. 25% Off Our Eerie-sistible Halloween Collection (FineStationery.com)
2. Oops! Must have been a ghost… 👻 (Robin’s Jean)
This email was sent to apologize for the technical glitches caused due to high traffic on their website.
3. Fang-tastic Halloween savings – 4 days only (Petsmart)
4. Look faboolous in these spooktacular styles! ☠️ (APPAMAN)
5. Your Little Monsters Will Love These Halloween Jokes (Scary Mommy)
6. Forget tricks. Here’s our treat… (wholesaleforeveryone)
7. It’s Halloween Time (Cartoon Network)
8. Better than candy (Bliss spa)
9.We’re so pump(kin)ed about this
10. Bucketfeet – Have a Gourd Time on Halloween
11. Double double toil and trouble
12. Happy Halloween! Get a spooktacular deal!
13. Witch fab deal will you choose today?
14. All treats, no tricks
15. Zombie apocalypse: who do you save? The one with the gift card.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Thanksgiving 2020
Spending time with the family and expressing gratitude are synonymous with Thanksgiving Day. It is one of the Holidays that records the highest spending every year. Email marketers, of course, know this fact and try to make the most of their campaigns by tapping on the right pulse of the customers. We have shared some subject lines that can help you get the maximum open rate for your emails and subsequently enhance your conversion rate. Take a look.
16. What Are You Wearing To Thanksgiving? (Flag And Anthem)
17. Pack These for Your Thanksgiving Travels (stuart weitzman IT)
18. Thanksgiving Sale: extra 20% off + Black Friday Specials Preview! (Macy’s)
19. Happy Thanksgiving! Shop Black Friday online now! (Macy’s)
20. Wines That Go With Turkey (And All The Sides)- (expressions of the vine)
21. Thanksgiving Tips & Tricks (Gygi)
22. 1-day wonder 20% OFF everything! (Anthropologie)
23. Final Hours! The clock is ticking on this Thanksgiving Sale!
24. Sneak Peak Deals! Save room for Thanksgiving
25. Thanksgiving got you stressed not anymore
26. Best thanksgiving ever it all starts here
27. No need to thank us for these exclusive deals.
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Black Friday 2020
If you want to drive maximum sales on Black Friday, you ought to have outstanding emails that would cut through the noise and make the customer open and click-through. Get inspired with some great Black Friday subject lines for the big shopping day, thereby driving higher conversion rate.
28. Black Friday Savings without the Big Crowds! (LeapFrog)
29. Exclusive Black Friday sneak peek. Save up to 30% off. (Crate&Barrel)
30. Don’t wait ’til tomorrow! Take up to 50% off our most popular inventions right now (Quirky)
31. Your Boss Is Shopping Today Too (Madewell)
32. Black Friday DEALS! 1000s of Items at Amazing Prices. (INDIGO)
33. Black Friday – 40% off everything! (Canvas Pop)
34. Mystery Sale – How Much Will You Save (Forever 21)
35. Black Friday weekend Banger
36. It’s black Fri-YAY! 30-50% OFF everything from your fave brand 24/11
-DAY 1 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | 25% OFF SLEEPWEAR
– DAY 2 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | Activewear: Buy One, Get One FREE!
– DAY 3 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | All Gowns Now $20
– DAY 4 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | $5 Undies
– DAY 5 | 5 DAYS OF GIFTMAS | SAVE 30% On Activewear
– Where the party at?
This is the perfect example of how you should be sending your Black Friday emails. Instead of working on one-holiday email why not send serious of emails with crisp subject lines. Perhaps email automation workflow with correct action based subjectlines can bring great response from your subscribers.
37. Black Friday- last chance for massive vape savings
38. Fear of Missing Black Friday. The time is now.
39. It’s now or never!
40. Waiting in line for these amazing prices on canoe paddles would be quite an oar deal!
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Cyber Monday 2020
Cyber Monday broke the online sales record with $7.9 billion in revenue in 2018. To make sure that you get maximum customers on this maddening shopping day, email marketing is the best option. Take a look at some effective Cyber Monday subject line examples for the big day.
41. CYBER MONDAY PATCH MADNESS!! 30% OFF OUR ENTIRE PATCH SHOP! (American Sheepdog)
42. It’s Cyber Monday All Week! (DELL)
43. Pet parent, only a few hours left to enjoy 25% off sitewide! SHOP NOW! (PETCO)
44. Exclusive Black Friday / Cyber Monday Super-Sale Deals! (GoCoffeeGo)
45. Cyber Monday Savings! Free Shipping PLUS Up to 25% Off (Disney Store)
46. Cyber Monday Sale! Save 25% Today Only! (Tucker and Bloom Bags)
47. EXTENDED! 50%. Off. Everything. (Julep)
48. Don’t miss out, it’s almost over
49. Take a break from cyber Monday have some taco-bell
50. Score! It’s Cyber Monday: Mystery deal revealed!
51. Cyber Monday excitements enclosed
52. Break the internet with Cyber Monday
53. Enjoy the most beautiful Cyber Monday gift of the year
Best Holiday Email Subject Lines for Christmas and New Year 2020
Christmas and New Year are the two most important occasions during the Holiday Season. In 2018, U.S. households spent $1536 on an average during the Christmas holidays. It is interesting that 19% Americans spend their money during the holiday season on completely unplanned purchases. Therefore, email marketers must invest in email marketing to get maximum customers. Take a look at some subject lines that can amp up your open rate.
54. A sale to escape the winter weather! (JetBlue Airways)
55. Are Your Holiday Cards in the Mail Yet? Get 60% Off! (VerticalResponse)
56. Family from Far + Wide, We’ve got the makings of your cozy Christmas morning (Terrain)
57. We’re feeling very merry. Get 50% off your order. (Shutterfly)
58. Our surprise offer is WRAPPING up! (BANANA REPUBLIC)
60. You can still get it in time for Christmas.
61. Free month of unlimited brand design.
62. Dog people give the best gifts.
63. H&M Home- A stylish holiday at home
64. Merry Crustmas! Surprise your family with a pizza dinner!
(Note: For pizza)
65. Going on now..the very Merry sale!
66. Last-minute Gifts, Santa-Approved
67. Disney Style – Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! It’s Off to Saks Fifth Avenue We Go!
68. Phrasee – Brace your elves
– It’s time for some Santa Banter!
69. Sloth Santa’s silly season sale.
70. Uniqlo – The turkey’s all done — let’s shop
– Santa, can you hear me?
– Let’s catch up before Santa gets here!
– Resolve to look good