In 2023, if hyper-personalized communications and omnichannel interactions don’t drive your marketing efforts, you seriously risk being outwitted by your competitors. Customers today are not just extremely aware of WHAT data they are sharing with you, but also of HOW it is being utilized in the messages they receive from you. Should they feel that their information isn’t being processed efficiently to manufacture meaningful experiences, it won’t be long before they withdraw from you altogether. To avoid such unenviable consequences, it becomes crucial for businesses to rely on platforms that facilitate the potent strategies listed above- Klaviyo being a leading name in that hallowed coven.
Whenever anyone breaks mention of marketing automation, Klaviyo, more often than not, ends up announcing itself in the same breath. Such is the reputation it has carved for itself. From allowing businesses to implement personalization at scale to enabling them to effortlessly chart their growth by leveraging analytics, Klaviyo’s list of capabilities is quite immeasurable. For these very reasons, this powerful platform constantly occupies the radars of email marketers as well. The impact of email as a marketing channel is well-established. Now, imagine dialing up its effectiveness by several notches by marrying it with a luminous tool!
In this blog, we shed light on the various ways in which Klaviyo can help you take your email marketing campaigns to the next level. Ready to find out? Well, dig right in!
1. Fashion Picture-perfect Templates With the In-built Editor
Arresting email templates form the lifeline of a successful email campaign; everyone knows that. And yet, many struggle to materialize them. With Klaviyo, you can bid goodbye to that roadblock. Equipped with a sophisticated email template editor, Klaviyo makes it possible for you to build a stunning and engaging email from scratch without necessitating any prior knowledge of coding.
Listed below are a few salient features of this cutting-edge editor:
- Using “Blocks,” you can add any element (texts, buttons, images, spacers, social links, etc.) you wish to your email template.
- With “Layouts,” you can configure the aforementioned in any aesthetic arrangement you deem fit.
- The “Styles” tab gives you access to a host of email styling options, such as adding background image and color, defining horizontal spacing, modifying font attributes, aligning text, and the like.
- You can group multiple blocks into a single section.
- You can access the content you have created in other templates (provided you have saved it)
- The editor allows you to declare universal instances- when you save a particular block or section as universal content, any changes you make to it will reflect simultaneously across all its saved instances.
- You can either manually add products from your store to the template or opt for an automated approach (which is informed by specific parameters such as the product’s popularity and the frequency with which it is browsed, among others).
- With the help of the editor’s “Preview And Test” feature, you can easily check how your email renders across different environments and devices (of varying screen sizes, that too). Depending on whether you are employing a metric-triggered flow or a segment-triggered flow, there are two ways in which you can accomplish previewing and testing your email templates.
2. Level Up Your Personalization Game With Segmentation
In order to forge meaningful relationships with your customers, you need to deliver value to their inboxes. Everyone has had enough of generic, promotional messages. Now, only those emails garner attention that are directly relevant to the recipient’s interests and pain points.
And the only way you’ll be able to deliver such emails is if you have segmented your email list- group your contacts into different sections on the basis of specific conditions. Klaviyo offers email marketers incredibly powerful segmentation capabilities which can help them drive interaction, engagement, and returns like never before. Here, besides creating email lists, you get to update them dynamically as well. What’s more, you can specify different flows for every segment, as well, and further personalize them with the help of dynamic content blocks.
To create a segment in Klaviyo, execute the following steps:
1. Login to your account and go to the tab titled Lists & Segments.
2. Here, click on Create List/Segment in the upper right corner.
3. Next, click the Segment option.
4. Now, you need to specify conditions and mention the contacts you want to include in the segment. You can do this with the help of the segment builder.
5. Once you are satisfied with the segment configuration, click on Create Segment to wrap up the process.
A well-thought-out and intricate segmentation framework is a must if you wish to obtain promising results. On Klaviyo, you can divide your customers based on the following criteria:
- Demographic factors such as age or gender
- Past purchases
- Website activity
- Email engagement levels
- Customer reviews (different flows for customers leaving positive and negative reviews)
- Customer lifetime value (Klaviyo allows you to segment on the basis of predictive CLV, too)
- Psychological characteristics and traits
3. Stay on top of Your Performance With Robust Reporting Capabilities
Implementing an email campaign is only half the job done; unless you routinely monitor its health, you won’t be able to implement the necessary optimizations your campaign might require.
Klaviyo helps you assess your campaign’s performance on the basis of critical metrics such as open rate, clickthrough rate (CTR), unsubscribe rate, and bounce rate. However, what makes it a hit among email marketers is its custom reporting features (which can be accessed by navigating to the Analytics tab). With its help, you can define and monitor new metrics in response to shifting industry trends and customer behavior. Subsequently, you can gain a comprehensive idea regarding the vices and virtues of your Klaviyo email flows, which, of course, goes a long way towards fetching you excellent deliverability.
4. Optimize Your Campaigns With A/B Testing
As an email marketer, one can only presume to know what works best for their customers. But presumptions don’t form the cornerstone of successful campaigns; actionable insights mined from data-driven exercises do.
To truly crack your audience’s preferences, you must create multiple versions of your email and rigorously test their reception with your subscribers, a practice also known as A/B testing. By testing different variables of your email, you’ll be able to identify their best-performing versions and subsequently implement the same in the final email that goes to your contacts.
Unraveling the World of Klaviyo Integrations
One of the primary reasons behind Klaviyo’s rousing popularity is its ability to support an eclectic range of third-party integrations. By carrying out these integrations, marketers stand to significantly enhance Klaviyo’s functionalities, thereby infusing unprecedented vitality into their marketing efforts.
Below, we talk about a few Klaviyo integrations that all email marketers must definitely consider.
Typeform is an extremely useful form and survey creation tool that is frequently utilized by businesses to run competitions, gather user feedback, and collect UGC (user-generated content). By integrating it with Klaviyo, you can automatically add form subscribers to specific Klaviyo lists. However, take care to sync through only critical and relevant form responses, or else you will end up with volumes of unusable data that will just slow you down. Courtesy of the integration, all important information from Typeform forms is synced to Klaviyo once every hour.\
A CRM powerhouse, Salesforce’s integration with Klaviyo can usher in a host of benefits for your business. For starters, it paves the way for advanced customer management- since customer data is effectively synced between both platforms, it gives you a well-rounded view of each customer, lending that much more depth to your segmentation efforts. This Klaviyo-CRM integration also allows for the automation of several marketing and sales processes, thereby maintaining consistency and saving valuable time.
By integrating Okendo with Klaviyo, you will be able to incorporate social proofs in your emails, amplifying their richness in the process. Imagine your product recommendation email now having a customer testimonial to establish its credibility. Wouldn’t this accelerate your subscribers’ decision-making process by a great deal? Moreover, you can also implement advanced personalization by syncing zero-party customer data present in Okendo to the customer profiles you have in Klaviyo.
The integration of WordPress and Klaviyo gives email marketers access to analytics concerning site visitors without deploying any third-party service. This, in turn, enables them to craft targeted messaging that aligns with their visitors’ interests. If you have been struggling to lift up your engagement and interaction numbers, this particular interaction can do wonders for you!
Integrating Unbounce with Klaviyo will help email marketers design high-performing landing pages that will assuredly usher in an army of new contacts to their list. This integration also enables you to set up behavior-based automation wherein messages are sent corresponding to impulses relating to predictive analytics, channel engagement, event data, and the like.
Wrapping It Up
If Klaviyo isn’t already a member of your email marketing toolkit, we urge you to induct it at the earliest. Its sophisticated feature suite, coupled with its support for a wide variety of integrations, make it a highly unique and powerful marketing automation tool. And if you are already using Klaviyo, we hope the insights shared above will help you harness its full potential. Good luck!